BACHELOR OF ELEMENTARY EDUCATION (B.EL.ED)
B El Ed or Bachelor’s in Elementary Education is a 4-year integrated course Launched in 1994-95. It is an integrated study of subject knowledge, human development, pedagogic theory and communication skills. This course prepares students for a wide range of professional and academic options in elementary education: teaching in schools, with special orientation for government schools, heading elementary schools in various capacities. It also includes teaching and research in elementary education in non-governmental sector. it is considered as an effort headed for fulfilling the need for professionally capable elementary school teachers. the Bachelor of Elementary Education course has become a benchmark for teacher training programmes. Moreover it has also improved the professional status of teachers working in elementary schools.
ADVANTAGES OF B.EL.ED
- Professional degree
- Both Academic & Career option
- Admission in 8 elite colleges
- Better Pay Package
- Includes Teaching Internship in final year
- Eligible for other Govt Jobs
- Eligible to teach upto class 8
- Candidates seeking admission to the Bachelor of Elementary Education (B.El.Ed.) programme must have passed the Class XII examination of the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) or any other Board recognised as equivalent to the CBSE.
- Candidates whose results are awaited or those who have to re-appear in the current year will not be considered.
- Candidate should have completed 17 years of age
- General candidates require at least 50% marks in each of the four subjects and aggregate of minimum 55% in the same four subjects.
- OBC candidates will have a relaxation of 10%. They will require 45% (10% relaxation of 50%) in each of the four subjects chosen and an aggregate of 49.5% (10% relaxation of 55%) in the same four subjects.
- SC/ST Candidates must have passed the qualifying examination (XIIth standard), i.e. of CBSE or any other Board recognized as equivalent to the CBSE.
- PwD candidates will have a relaxation of 5% in the class XIIth Exam. They will require 47.5% (5% relaxation of 50%) in each of the four subjects chosen and an aggregate of 52.25% (5% relaxation of 55%) in the same four subjects.
- C/WAP candidates will have a relaxation of 5% in the class XIIth Exam. They will require 47.5% (5% relaxation of 50%) in each of the four subjects chosen and an aggregate of 52.25% (5% relaxation of 55%) in the same four subjects.
- Lady shri raam college, lajpat nagar
- Miranda House, North campus
- Jesus and Marry college, chanakyapuri
- Mata Sundari college, ITO
- Shyama Prasad Mukherji college, punjabi bagh
- Institute of Home Economics, Hauz khas
- Gargi College, Sir Fort Road
- Aditi Mahavidyalaya, Bawana
APPLYING FOR ADMISSION
- Before filling in the application form, individuals are advised to check the Prospectus carefully to ensure that they are eligible for the programme and they can fulfil the conditions as mentioned in the prospectus.
- The admission to the b.ele.d programme 2014 will be made through a common entrance test.
- The written test will be of 3 hours durations.
- The Entrance test will be held in the month of june, hall tickets will be provided to the students before 10 days of entrance test.
SCHEME OF ENTRANCE TEST
There are 4 sections :
1.Language Comprehension(English/Hindi) – 35 marks
2.Mathematical Thinking and Reasoning – 35 marks
3.Subject Knowledge(Science upto X level) – 35 marks
4.Subject Knowledge(Social Sciences upto X level) – 35 marks
5. Class XII weightage – 10
Total Marks- 140
There are total 375 seats available for b.ele.d degree.
- Lady shri raam college-31
- Miranda House-54
- Jesus and Marry college-35
- Mata Sundari college-54
- Shyama Prasad Mukherji college-54
- Institute of Home Economics-54
- Gargi College-39
- Aditi Mahavidyalaya-54
Career Options after B. El. Ed.
- Teaching in Government Schools (Upto Class VIII), including at MCD/NDMC/Sarvodaya Vidyalayas, Kendriya Vidyalayas and Navodaya Vidyalayas all across India and Private Schools.
- Leading the elementary school systems in various capacities.
- Teaching and research in elementary education in the government and non-government sectors
- Post-graduate courses including M El Ed, M.Phil, LLB, etc.
- Content Creation at Publishing Companies
- Eligible for all SSC and UPSC exams for General Degree holders.
- Eligible for teaching positions at Army / Air Force Schools across India.
B. Ed as a Career
Teaching profession is considered as the prestigious and most respected job among the society. Teachers play a vital role in a student’s life. So it is a must that a teacher should be perfect in all ways. They should be a role model to the students. To become a teacher a qualification in B.Ed degree is compulsory. This undergraduate programme includes various teaching methods & training.
Many universities in India offer this course. Those who have pursued a bachelor’s degree in any discipline can join this course. B.Ed is a one year programme. The candidates can choose the specialization in this course depending on the discipline they have studied in graduation. The career opportunities for these professionals are huge nowadays. They can get in to the teaching profession in various government as well as private institutions. The various employment areas for these graduates are schools, coaching centers, education departments, home tuitions, educational consultancies, private tuitions and so on.
Scope for Higher Studies after B.Ed
M.Ed is a higher option after B.Ed. But for joining this course one should be a post graduate in any discipline. This post graduation degree is offered by DIET centers all over the country. After the completion of M.Ed course, graduates can join as higher secondary teachers in various institutions. Mphil is also another option.
Advantages of Bachelor of Education
The need for trained teachers is high at present due to the increase in the emergence of various schools. The professionals in this field have many benefits. The job ensures job security, job satisfaction and also good pay packages. The job also ensures flexible schedule.
The teachers are not only responsible in developing a student’s academic knowledge but they also make them perfect in all aspects of life
Career Opportunities after B.Ed
As said earlier, to become a successful professional in teaching field one should have a minimum qualification in Bachelor of Education. The job opportunities for these professionals are numerous. They can find employment in various government and government aided institutions. For this recruitment the government organizes SET. After qualifying this examination one can join as teacher in any government school in the State. The B.Ed graduates can teach in high primary and high school level.
The M.Ed graduates can find employment in schools anywhere in the country after qualifying the NET. They can teach in higher secondary level and even work as lecturers in various universities or colleges.
Prominent institutes offering
· Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University – www.ipu.ac.in
· Women’s University -Mumbai