Study options in Science After Class 12
Science as a stream is a large umbrella for hundreds of disciplines and it has to be the most popular stream for Indian students who are looking to have a great career. If one wants to be creator of things or design something or want to get into research or medical care, science stream helps in that regard. If you are able to spare long hours for your studies, then you can opt for various career options after 12th science.
Science students are taught various aspects of the subject through observation, experimentation, theories, hypotheses, research and practical approach in all the fields. There are hundreds of disciplines one can get into after class 12 but in order to get rid of all the confusions, what you need to do is to analyze your interests, personality and aptitude.
Now depending on the streams chosen at 10+2 level, one can opt for undergraduate degree/diploma courses in the field of science. Postgraduate courses can be pursued in science, after graduating in the relevant field. For most of the science courses, entry is through entrance exams. In India, career in science is one of the most sought after option among the young aspirants. One can choose a career in fields like Medicine, Computer Science, Defense, Engineering, and Agricultural Science to even Plant Pathology, Evolutionary Biology and Meteorology as specialized fields of study.
Here we list the career options for a student after class 12 exams. It is pre-supposed that most of the courses require entrance exams or very good marks at the 12thboard exams which are discussed in several other sections. We have two separate sections for students with Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry (PCM) combo and for students with Physics, Chemistry and Biology (PCB) combo at the class 12.
Career Options after 12th Science (PCM):
· Engineering: Aerospace, Agricultural, Automobile, Biochemical, Bio Medical, Biotechnology, Bio Instrumentation, Bio Informatics, Broad cast technician, Ceramic, Chemical, Civil, Computer, Construction, Electrical, Electronic, Engineer Manager, Environmental, Food, Fire, Industrial, Instrumentation, Leather, Marine, Mechanical, Mining & Metallurgical, Nano technology, Printing, Production, Plastic & polymer, Highway, Rubber, Genetic, Telecommunication, Textile.
· Actuarial Science
· Commercial Pilot
· Merchant Navy
· Computer Science: Information Technology/Software/Systems, Application Programmer, Database Administrator, Information Technologist, Medical Transcriptionist, Network Administrator, Software Engineer, System Architect, Technology Manager, Web Developer, Multimedia Designer.
· Hardware: Hardware Design And Development Engineer, Design and Development of Computer Hardware, Design And Development of Customized Microprocessor, Design and development of networking hardware, Service Maintenance Engineers/technician.
· Defense Services: Indian Navy Officer, Indian Air Force Officer.
· Physical Science: Chemist, Mathematician, Astronomy, Forensic Science, Geographer, Geologist, Nuclear Physicist, Oceanography, Operation Research, Astrophysicist, Physicist, Statistician.
· Environmental Science
· Career Options after 12th Science (PCB):
· Medicine: General Physician/Doctor - Ophthalmic, Ophthalmic, Gynecology, Dermatology, Orthopedics, Orthopedics, Radiology, Electro logy, Endocrinology, Cardiology, Plastic Surgeon, General Surgeons, Neuron Surgeons, Pediatrician, Thoracic Surgeons, Trauma Surgeons, Urologist, Sexologist, Gastroenterology, Oncology, Anesthesiology, Psychiatry, ENT/Ear nose Throat Specialist, Pathologist.
· Dentist – Orthodontist.
· Para medicine: Physiotherapy, Speech Therapy, Audiology, Nursing, Occupational Therapy, Prosthetics and Orthotics, Medical Lab Technology ,Optometry and Ophthalmic technology, Nutrition And Dietetics.
· Allied Fields: EEG technician, Hospital manager/Administrator, Medical lab technologist, Medicine Technologist, Radiation technology, Pathology technology, Respiratory therapist, Sonographer technician, Operation theatre assistant, Naturopathy, Yoga therapy, Massage therapy, Acupressure, Acupuncture.
· Veterinary Science
· Biosciences: Agriculturist, Botanist, Zoologist, Microbiologist, Biologist, Horticulturist, Floriculturist, Environmental Science.
· Pharmacy- Clinical Research
· Home Science
· Bio Medical
· Bio Chemist
· Fishery Science
· Forestry and Wildlife
· Marine Biology
· Food Technologist