About NDA Entrance Exam
NDA Coaching at Singh Study Circle- Join NOW!
WHAT IS NDA?
NDA or National Defence Academy is a national institute for training selected young men for officer level entry into the Armed forces of India. NDA is located at Khadakwasla near Pune, Maharashtra. It is a training facility for the leaders of tomorrow who will be respected and followed. It is not just an institution but a way of life. NDA transforms a hesitant young cadet into an honourable, physically and mentally competent and polished man who is prepared for any kind of adversity that might face him; an officer and a gentleman.
The training at NDA is rigorous. In addition to service training for the army, navy and air force, the cadets are also taught academics to cover the graduation level degree in Arts, Sciences or Computers. The training at NDA is broken into six terms and the total duration of training is three years. Once their training is concluded, the cadets are awarded their bachelor’s degree at the passing out parade of NDA. Thereafter the cadets go to their respective service institutes i.e. the Indian Military Academy or IMA for army cadets, Air Force Academy Hyderabad for Air force cadets and Naval Academy Cochin for Naval Cadets.
HOW TO APPLY FOR NDA
NDA and NA written entrance examination is conducted by UPSC twice a year. Notification for the exam appears in all major national dailies in the month of Dec/Jan for the Apr exam and in the months of Apr/May for the Aug exam. The exam is held in the months of April and August. Candidates must apply to sit for the examination, online on the UPSC website. www.upsc.gov.in
ELIGIBILITY FOR NDA
Educational; Students who are +2 qualified or studying. Maths and Physics are compulsory for Air force and Navy. Commerce (With Maths or without Maths) and Arts (With Maths or without Maths) students can apply for army.
Age; Candidates must be between 16 ½ to 19 years of age on the date of joining the NDA.
Gender; only male candidates are eligible. Women cannot apply for the NDA written exam.
SYLLABUS FOR NDA EXAMINATION
The NDA written exam syllabus includes subjects like History, Polity, Economics, Maths, Geography, Physics, Biology, Chemistry, Current Affairs, GK, English etc.
NDA EXAMINATION STRUCTURE
The NDA written exam consists of two papers;
- Mathematics- 300 Marks
- General Abilities- 600 Marks
Both papers are held on the same day and each paper is of 2 ½ hrs each. The level of difficulty of questions is from high to medium.
RESULTS OF NDA EXAMINATION
UPSC declares the result of NDA written exam in 3-4 months after the written exam. The same can be viewed on the UPSC website. Being a competitive exam and there is no fixed cut off percentage for passing. Candidates who perform better are sent the call letters for SSB interviews. The final merit list is prepared after the SSB interviews final result and displayed on the UPSC website. Joining instructions are sent to students based on vacancies available as per the merit list.
NDA Written Exam Coaching
COACHING FOR WRITTEN NDA EXAM
The SSC offers coaching for the UPSC NDA written examinations. The faculty at SSC is highly qualified and vastly experienced in successfully coaching students for NDA examinations. The standards of excellence followed by SSC ensure that each student who opts for coaching with us feels confident and well prepared for the exam. Not only do we cover the entire syllabus subject by subject as per UPSC, we also prepare our students with mock tests, previous year question paper analysis and doubt clearing sessions which are conducted each week to monitor each student’s progress. Mock test results are also discussed to pin point where the student may be lacking. This ensures that the students know what to expect in the examination, how to approach the examination, manage time efficiently and get the best possible results. Experienced faculty teaches students how to handle the examination; they focus on the format and type of questions likely to be asked in the exam. Students can learn many formulae and shortcuts to get quick and accurate answers in the exam. Apart from this, we provide extensively researched study material which helps students to easily access, organise and systematically approach the vast syllabus.
Subjects covered in the NDA written coaching include:
• General Knowledge
• Current Affairs
• Science (Physics Chemistry Biology)
TERM DATES & DURATION
SSC offers you the choice to cover entire syllabus in 4 Months, 8 Months coaching terms. Students have the freedom to choose timings that suit them. The 4 months course is recommended as advance level for students who are not beginners, and the classes take place at our branches. The 8 Months course is recommended for beginners who want to clear basic concepts and start from scratch. The classes in the 8 months course are also conducted in SSC premises.
4 Months COURSE:
The duration of each term is 4 Months. Terms start every Monday. We provide daily/Weekdays/Weekends/ coaching of 4 hrs. No holidays will be observed. Weekly practice tests.
8 MONTHS COURSE:
The duration of each term is 8 Months. Terms start every Monday. No holidays will be observed. Weekly practice tests.
Please call us, email us or check our facebook page …………………………………………………………. notifications regarding the dates and timings for the upcoming term. Seats are limited and available on first come first serve basis.
Terms start every Monday. Choose the duration of your course; cover the entire syllabus in 4 months, 8 months batch. Call us for details.
We also offer Crash Courses. Please contact us for details.
COURSE FEES & CHARGES
Hostel Fee 4 months (Optional)
Mess Fee 4 months (Optional)
Hostel Fee 8 months (Optional)
Mess Fee 8 months (Optional)
Security for Hostel (refundable)*
WHY CHOOSE ACADEMY FOR NDA WRITTEN COACHING?
• Established in 1985 & has over 30 years of experience.
• Our classrooms for written coaching are air conditioned and well supported by modern Audio Visual technological aids.
• The highly qualified and experienced faculty for NDA written coaching provide students with the right guidance to adopt a systematic approach towards NDA written examination.
• Choose from 4 months, 8 months batches.
• Exhaustive Classroom preparation: With 100+ classroom sessions and 200+ study hours covering all aspects of the examination.
• Comprehensive Study Material: With 10+ books covering the various subjects, Question banks for practice of each subject, ready reference notes for important topics.
• Revision and Testing: 100+ exercise sheets and weekly practice tests of each subject to prepare students for upcoming competition and provide them with vital self assessment tools. Previous years question papers are also covered.
• Fully equipped library: Only SSC offers the facility of a fully equipped library offering 250+ relevant and important books pertaining to the syllabus of the examination and competitive exam preparation. Students can issue these books for self study, revision, practice etc.
• Extensive coverage of current affairs. Special weekly updates on defence related news.
• Sundays and other holidays are not observed in order to maintain continuity, so that students are able to grasp concepts better and clear their doubts routinely to build strong fundamentals.
• We provide extensively researched study material, comprehensive notes and assignments prepared after analysis of previous years question paper patterns, which helps students to easily access, organise and systematically approach the vast syllabus.
• Regular mock tests, doubt clearing and pervious years question papers analysis sessions.
• Our Location is easily accessible and well connected by Rail, Road and by Air.
• Only SSC Academy run years Round batches for NDA written exam unlike other institute that only open for the few month before the written examination..
HOW TO PREPARE FOR THE NDA EXAMINATION
In order to prepare oneself for a competitive exam like NDA, coaching is a must to get the edge above others. In today’s competitive exams like NDA, COACHING IS A MUST BECAUSE:
• More than 3,00,000 students sit for this exam and the number is increasing drastically year by year. Hence making the exam more and more competitive and one mark difference could mean selection or rejection of the candidate. There are anywhere between 200-800 seats, so students who are serious, must get the edge above others for which coaching is a must.
• Students can take advantage of the vast experience of the tutors.
• We provide extensively researched study material; comprehensive notes and assignments that can help students simplify the vast syllabus.
• Any concept doubts can be cleared right away, thus students can build strong fundamentals.
• Meeting other students who are sitting for the same exam can be a great motivator. Students can exchange knowledge and also have an idea of their competition.
• We set regular tests on the NDA pattern for our students. Thus, students are well prepared, confident and know exactly how to approach the exam and what to expect.
• Students are able to discipline themselves, develop good concentration and form a study habit, which is not easy to do with self study.
Coaching should be taken from an Academy of repute. Students would be well advised to check the credentials of the Academy before joining as there are many operators in the market out to make a quick buck.
Candidates who want to take up NDA or CDS coaching are advised to first visit any institute they may be considering and then make their final decisions. Don’t be convinced by shiny advertisements and fake photos published on leaflets or websites. Visit each institute yourself and then decide.
Don’t be drawn in by institutes offering long drawn out courses over several months. Most of these institutes are offering only 2-3 hrs of daily coaching and observe weekends and other holidays etc. We offer over 200 hours of comprehensive coverage of the entire syllabus.