About Staff Selection Commission Exams
Career in Government Jobs
The question, whether to get into the private sector or the government sector can be easily answered: the government sector, of course. Especially, in these days of uncertainty, the one thing that can guarantee everything for a successful and secure career is a government job, the most coveted job these days.
Well, the following are a few advantages, in brief:
1) Job Security - Unlike a job in the private sector, which is easily affected by recession and in which layoffs are very common, a government job is secure by its very definition.
2) Salary - Thanks to the 10th Pay Commision, the pay structure of government jobs is now on par with the corporate private sector. This, coupled with the job security, makes any government job irresistable.
3) Additional Benefits - Unlike the private sector, the governent sector gives you a guaranteed pension, a must after retirement. Other benefits include attractive financial services, low-interest-rate loans, etc.
4) Stability - One quality of a job that everyone dreams of is stability. This is synonymous to a government job.
5) Promotions - Promotions in the government sector are easier and guaranteed.
6) Holidays - National and state holidays are compulsorily observed. Leave time for vacations, etc., is freely permitted.
7) Further Studies - What more! For those who want to enhance their knowledge or improve their skills, the government sector facilitates fully paid higher studies.
Need we say more...A GOVERNMENT JOB IS THE PLUM JOB!
Exams Conducted by SSC:
SSC Conducts the following exams.
(a) Combined Graduate Level Examination (CGLE) for posts of Inspector in IT/Central Excise/Dept of post,SI in CBI, Assistant, Divisional Accountant, Auditor, UDC, Junior Accountant,UDC etc.
(b) Combined Higher Secondary level examination
(c) Sub-Inspector in CPO (BSF,CRPF,CISF, ITBP,SSB)
(d) Section Officer (Audit & Commercial)
(e) Junior Engineers Examination
(f) SSC conducted exams for recruitment to FCI, Prasar Bharati in 2013
About Staff Selection Commission - Combined Graduate Level Exam (SSC CGLE) :
Staff Selection Commission conducts Combined Graduate Level Examination (SSC – CGL) for recruitment to different Central Civil posts - Assistant / Inspector /SI / Divisional Accountant /Statistical Officer/ Auditor/Accountant/Junior Accountant /UDC / Tax Assistant / Compiler, for which Graduation from a recognized University is the minimum Educational Qualification required. The recruitment for these posts is done in departments of Central Secretariat Service / Central Vigilance Commission / Intelligence Bureau / Ministry of Railways / Ministry of External Affairs / Ministry of Defence / CBI and a few other Ministries / Departments / Organisations of the Central Govt.
Test Takers and vacancies :
The number of test takers is increasing every year. In 2011 about 6 lakh candidates took the CGLE. This number rose to 9 lakh in 2012 and to a whopping 12 lakh in 2013.
Now in 2014 there are approx 20,000+ Govt Jobs are available
Posts under SSC CGLE
Posts under SSC CGLE :
Posts have been placed in two groups, Group – B (Posts for which Interview cum Personality Test is prescribed) and Group - C (Posts for which Interview cum Personality Test is NOT prescribed), based on their Grade Pay and papers in Tier II examination/Interview. The pay scale for the posts under Group - B is Rs9300 – Rs34800 and for Group - C it is Rs5200 to Rs20200. Posts have been categorised into two groups based on the pay scale and the papers in Tier -II.
Post for which Interview cum Personality Test is prescribed :
- Assistant : For Ministry, Department or Office of - Central Secretariat Service (CSS), Central Vigilance Commission, Intelligence Bureau, Ministry of Railways, Ministry of External Affairs (MEA), AFHQ, other Ministries / department / organisations
- Inspector: For CBDT, CBEC, CBI, Directorate of Enforcement, Department of Revenue, Depatrment of Post and Central Bureau of Narcotics
- Divisional Accountant: For Offices under CAG
- Statistical Investigator Group II: For Minstry of Statistics and Program Implementation
Posts for which Interview cum Personality Test is NOT prescribed:
- Auditor: Offices under C & AG, CGDA, CGA and others
- Accountant / Junior Accountant / Upper division Clerk: Offices under C & AG, CGA and others, Central Govt. Offices and Ministries
- Tax Assistant: CBDT, CBEC
- Compiler: Registrar General of India
- Sub Inspector: Central Bureau of Narcotics
(a) Statistical Investigator Gr II : Max 32 years
(b) Assistant Enforcement Officer / SI in CBI : Max : 30 years
(c) All Other posts : 18 – 27 years
(ii) Educational Qualification: Graduation or equivalent(All posts)
(i) Compiler : Graduation (Economics/Statistics/Mathematics as compulsory or Elective subject)
(ii) Statistical Investigator Grade - II : Graduation with Statistics(main) OR Statistics as one of the papers