The Systematic Training and Education Programme (STEP) is a three-year programme for students who are 18 years of age and have completed or are about to complete class XII. STEP offers comprehensive on the job training in Hotel Operations or Kitchen Operations at select hotels of The Oberoi Group for a period of three years. Alongside training, STEP also facilitates education through a correspondence Bachelor's degree in Tourism Studies from Indira Gandhi National Open University.
Upon completion of STEP including the undergraduate studies from IGNOU, you are eligible to join the OCLD or OCER. For STEP details and admission process, please click here. The on-line application process for the STEP programme begins in February each year. Should you have any queries, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We select trainees for our Programmes every year according to this timetable.
|Feb - March||April - May||End - June||Mid - August|
|Online application process||Selection process||Letter of offer is sent||Programme starts|
Who can apply?
- The candidate should be above 18 years and below 20 years of age, as on 15th August of the year of the commencement of the programme.
- The candidate should have obtained 61% marks or above, in English in class X. The equivalent in CBSE is a B2 Grade or a 7 Grade Point.
- The candidate should have attained a clear pass in class XII as on 1st July of the year of the commencement of the programme, from a board recognized by the Indira Gandhi National Open University, India.
Qualities we are looking for
- A positive attitude with a desire for excellence
- Good communication skills in English
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Initiative, drive and an eye for detail
- Team orientation
- Come to the venue of the selection process on the date you have chosen.
- Please arrive on time. You will not be admitted once the process starts.
On the day of the interview, the candidate must bring the following documents with them:
- One signed print-out of their application form along with one passport-size photograph.
- One copy of their class X certificate, attested by a First Class Gazetted Officer. If the candidate's certificate does not mention their date of birth, one copy of their birth certificate will be required, attested by a First Class Gazetted Officer.
- One copy of their class XII certificate, attested by a First Class Gazetted Officer.
- The candidate should be deemed medically fit by our company doctor.
- All the testimonials should be verified as authentic.
- A typical selection day will commence with candidates registering for one of the Programmes.
- Thereafter, the candidates would go through three rounds of selection activities:
Round 1: Candidates are divided into groups of 15-20 participants and are taken through a round of activities and questionnaires. Here, the evaluator checks the candidates grooming, poise and spoken English.
Round 2: Short-listed candidates from Round 1 are taken to another round of activities on the same day including a one-on-one meeting with a panel comprising of faculty. Here, the evaluator gets to know them better and checks their aptitude for hospitality.
Round 3: Short-listed candidates from Round 2 will be invited for another round of activities and questionnaires including a final interview with a panel. This may be on a different day and city than the above two rounds.
STEP 1 – Fill the application form
- An on-line application form is available every year by February which you have to fill and submit on-line.
- It is recommended that you understand the details of the Programmes being offered before filling this form.
STEP 2 – Select the venue and date for your selection process.
- When you fill the form, options to select the city, date and time for your selection process will be available by February.
STEP 3 – Print and submit the form.
- Please take a printout of your completed application form. Bring this application form along with one passport size photograph on the date of your selection process.
- Incase you have any queries, please write to us at email@example.com or call us 011-23906422/23.
Results and Programme commencement
- Results are sent by email or post.
- The Programme will commence in August.